#AQChat2 Question 1: I have joined a new team. What can I do to ramp up within 90 days? ️️
Why ask this question?
- You are have joined a new team.
- You have started a new project.
- You are learning a new programming language.
- Fill any knowledge gaps that affect day-to-day work productivity.
- Learn new material to contribute to the team.
Looking for advice on…
- How to learn a new code base.
- How to self-study topics related to work and/or new responsibilities.
- Advice from lead and senior engineers: how do you ramp up newbies?
This question is centered on results. Advice and/or stories that describe what you did and the outcome of it would be appreciated. Please be sure to give 1 or 2 concrete examples. If you are a senior engineer please consider describing your onboarding process. Concrete examples describe things that you have done, not ideas or concepts. We’ll save those for the next question.